- internet marketing Tag
- Strategic Planning for Social Media
- Benefits of Mobile Marketing
- Social Media Marketing Tips
- Why Referral Marketing?
- Top 5 Social media marketing tools
- Pros and Cons of Social Media Marketing
- Effect on Internet Marketing on Industries
- How to convert website traffic into Leads?
- Tips for Marketing the Blog
- Types of Social Media
We are here to give you the Sight & Sound of Information Technology
What is Search Engine Marketing?
The search engine has a greater impact on the everyday life of people who use world wide web. Have you ever wondered what would be our life if there is not Google? In fact search engines are vital constituent of your online life. Whatever information you want or the query you seek, you just have to type in the search box and it gives million of the results of websites and links on the search engine result pages. Users always prefer to open those links which are on the first page or on the top of list. Search engines companies know this behavior of user therefore they have given a financial model through which search engines can also make money and the process through which this financial model is possible is called as search engine marketing. In the short sentence we can say that search engine marketing is the process of gaining traffic or visibility on the search engines. It helps the businesses to market their website on the preferred position at search engine results. All of the three entities are getting benefits through this which is given as follow.
- Users or the searchers would have a better search results. They would have a solution of their query more precisely as the search engine shows results which are more compatible with the searcher's query.
- Businesses would attain maximum return on investment as compared to other traditional mode of advertising. As customers of this era searches on the Google before they would go for the actual shopping. If your business or the website is in a better position in the search result page then it would help you to have more visitors on your webpage who subsequently turns into sales leads and then customers.
- Search engine companies like Google, Yahoo and Msn are also making money through it and it helps these companies to do more research and give more refined searches.
Search engine marketing is also termed as "search marketing". Search marketing is an umbrella term which involves both of gaining traffic through free SEO efforts and paid search advertising. Let's have a brief look at both of the ways of gaining traffic on your website.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is a subset of search engine marketing and it is a process of setting your website in the preferred position on search engine result pages in an organic or natural way. The organic or natural way means you are not going to pay the search engine companies or the websites for the better search results. The objective of using this technique is to increase the targeted traffic on your website. The tactics used for optimizing websites are keywords research and strategy, metadata and increasing the number of backlinks.
Paid Search Advertising
Paid search advertising involves directory submissions, paid inclusion and pay per click advertising. In the directories submission, websites are submitted to directories which if published helps the website to earn more reputation in the eye of search engines. Paid inclusion means search engine companies charging fee for including the websites in their result pages. Google, Yahoo and other search engines provide the products of paid inclusion. The third one of the paid search advertising is pay per click advertising. It is the major source through search engines are generating revenue. It is operating on the pay per click model according to which companies have to pay only when their link is clicked. Pay per click advertising is particularly beneficial for the local businesses as they are getting the targeted customers or leads by using it.
The contents available on this website are copyrighted by TechPlus unless otherwise indicated. All rights are reserved by TechPlus, and content may not be reproduced, published, or transferred in any form or by any means, except with the prior written permission of TechPlus.